This event is the first ever eSports virtual event conducted on behalf of the ACAC, in its movement towards including eSports as one of the sponsored ACAC sports. Working with AESA, to gauge the interest of ACAC students across the province.
Game to be played:
Super Smash Brother Ultimate on Nintendo Switch
2:00 PM - Opening Ceremony
2:00 PM - Round Robin Pools (Groups Stage)
3:30 PM - Concordia vs NAIT Exhibition
4:30 PM - Top 8
How to register (date to register by):
Registration open: Nov. 2, 2020
Registration closes: Nov. 18, 2020
Players can register at https://smash.gg/tournament/alberta-collegiate-smash-acac-collegiate-esports-kick-off
Players must be a full time student registered in at least 9 credits and must have permission to compete for their institution. Please contact Thunder Director of Athletics & Recreation Joel Mrak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost to Register:
Free to ACAC member students registered in a minimum of 9 credits.
How to play:
All games are scheduled, coordinated and scored through AESA's discord, https://discord.gg/4Qthcyw
- Check in on smash.gg https://smash.gg/tournament/alberta-collegiate-smash-acac-collegiate-esports-kick-off/events
- Join the Alberta Esports Association Discord https://discord.gg/4Qthcyw
- This event is locked to ACAC students only. Non-ACAC students will be disqualified.
- Adhere to ACAC Vision & Mission Statement and Core Values: https://acac.ab.ca/about/vision_mission_statement
- Adhere to the AESA Core Values: https://esportsalberta.ca/our-vision
- Adhere to the AESA Code of Conduct: https://esportsalberta.ca/code-of-conduct
- There is a zero tolerance policy with negative behavior. Any instances of bullying, hate speech, name calling, and general inappropriate behavior will result in a DQ.